We have the files up for you to download here:
in this folder you will find:
- 3 songs by Green Day ("American Idiot," "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," and "Wake Me Up When September Ends")
- the MiniCooper commercial
Please remember- I do NOT want sound alikes.
I want you to be "informed" by the idea of what Green Day is- and then do your own themes.
To recap week three's lessons that we went over- here are some reminders:
SETTING UP A TEMPLATE ON THE SEQUENCER WHICH YOU CAN WORK WITH REPEATEDLY
USING LOGIC (AS AN EXAMPLE):
- IMPORTING MOVIE
o HOW TO GET DVDS/ QTS?
• CINEMATIZE IS A GOOD PROGRAM I RECOMMEBD TO MAKE QUICKTIME MOVIES FROM DVD
WE HAVE THE MOVIE IN- WHAT NOW
- FINDING OUT HOW LONG- HOW MANY BARS? WHAT IS THE TEMPO?
o TELL US STRUCTURE
• SYNCHRONIZING (FINDING HIT POINTS/ETC.)
• Knowing your sounds
FINDING TOOLS INSIDE THIS TYPE OF ENVIRONMENT (THE ENVIRONMENT BEING FOR THIS EXAMPLE THE LOGIC SEQUENCER PROGRAM) THAT WORK FOR YOU
- HOW TO GET INFO INTO THE COMPUTER A MUST
o THE FACILITY OF UPLOADING/DOWNLOADING A MUST
THE BIG ISSUE: MAKING THIS ALL WORK FOR YOU.
NOW THAT WE HAVE THINGS SEY UP FROM THE SEQUENCER...
WHAT ARE YOUR EMPLOYERS ASKING YOU TO DO/ WHAT CAN YOU CONVINCE THEM OF?
The Green Day/MiniCooper example is our first shot at finding this balance.
How do we incorporate what the employer is asking for (the conceit here being that they asked/temped in music from Green Day)- and how do you please yourself/ME(!) by being original and contributing new, brilliant work into the world.
Go get em, folks. Email me if there are any questions.